Research participants are paid the incentive amount advertised by the researcher, less a 5% (or a $1 fulfillment fee whichever is higher). For example, if the cash incentive is $150 you will receive $142.50 via PayPal.
The 5% fulfillment fee is broken up into two components:
- Payment Processing Fee - 2.75%
- Allows Respondent to process quick cash payments
- Service Fee - 2.25%
- Allows Respondent to provide respondents with a choice of high paying research studies
- Allows Respondent to match respondents with appropriate studies using a demographic and occupation algorithm
- Hosting of respondent profiles
The deduction of the fulfillment fee is communicated to all participants ahead of beginning the screener survey as seen below.
Hope that better explains the charge!